Despite all the odds, there are still some patriotic
Nigerians doing the country proud abroad.
A Nigerian tissue seller, Peter Angelina, 36, in
Spain has bagged the good Samaritan title for
returning some 16 thousand Euros he found in a
briefcase.
According to reports, Peter who makes a living
selling tissue paper at a traffic light junction at
the corner of Calle Juan Diaz de Solis and Ruben
Dario in Seville, Spain, was carrying about his
daily routine on the 3rd of December when he
noticed a small briefcase left on the roof of a car.
Shortly after, the briefcase which contained
€3,150 in cash and six cheques with a combined
value of €13,000 as well as some documents and
a mobile telephone, fell to the ground when the
driver of the car pulled away.
Being the good Samaritan that he is, Peter picked
up the briefcase and took it to a police station
near the junction.
After the Spanish Police tracked down the owner
of the briefcase, a 42-year-old businessman from
Seville, and returned his belongings, Peter was
rewarded with €100.
“People say I could have kept the money and then
thrown the briefcase away but I am not like that,
and God wouldn’t have liked that. I am not crazy,
I am a good man.” Peter later told local media
No comments: