Nigerian troops are taking the battle against
insurgency to Boko Haram’s fortress, as they
were reportedly seen marching towards
Sambisa forest yesterday.
According to a report by Thisday, hundreds
of soldiers were seen on Damboa Road,
Maiduguri, in several military trucks driving
military equipment towards the Sambisa
forest on Friday morning. The military have
often been said to be avoiding the forest
where over 200 schoolgirls abducted from
their school in Chibok in April 14, had been
taken.
The decision of the military to move in on
the terrorists may not be unconnected with
the way the Mubi attack occurred.
A top intelligence source told Thisday that
the Mubi attack was a total shock to the
military, especially as they lost many
soldiers.
“The first priority was to liberate Mubi
because of its strategic nature and our next
target is Sambisa forest to strike back at
those boys. You know we lost some officers
and others were injured including a
Lieutenant-Colonel. So, we have mobilised
our air and ground forces for an attack. Air
crafts have been mobilised and we are ready
to dislodge them from their enclave”, the
source said.
No comments: